This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
- Situational recommender: Are you on the spot, refining plans, or just bored?
Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), New Orleans, LA., USA (hybrid event), 30 April - 6 May, 2022
- The future of delivery robots: a participatory design approach
Human-Robot Interaction in Public Spaces workshop at the IEEE/ACM Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), virtual event, 11 March, 2022
- Exploring machine-like behaviors for socially acceptable robot navigation in elevators
HRI '22: Proceedings of the 2022 ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction March 2022, pp. 130–138.
- Considerations about social norms compliance in a shared elevator scenario
RO-MAN 2021 Workshop on Robot Behavior Adaptation to Human Social Norms (TSAR), virtual event, 12 August 2021
- Ageing clouds: new yet natural support for urban exploration
Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS 2019), San Diego, CA, USA, 23-28 June, 2019
- Restaurant menu understanding: illustrating the need for culturally augmented translation
22nd International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (Mobile HCI 2020), 5-8 October, 2020
- What is natural? Challenges and opportunities for conversational recommender systems
International Conference on Conversational User Interfaces (CUI) 2020 (online event), 22-24 July, 2020
- Designing ambient wanderer: mobile recommendations for urban exploration
ACM conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS), Eindhoven, Netherlands, 6-11 July, 2020
- Hybrid Wizard of Oz: concept testing a recommender system
Computer Human Interaction conference (CHI), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 25 April-1 May, 2020
- “I Don’t Understand…” issues in self-quantifying commuting
European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE), Belfast, Northern Ireland, 10-13 September, 2019
- Assessing the intent and effectiveness of carbon footprint calculators
European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (ECSCW), Salzburg, Austria, 8-12 June, 2019
- Impact of corporate social responsibility on innovation activities: the case of Xerox
Innovation Management and Corporate Social Responsibility. As part of the Springer Series on CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance, pp. 263-280, 22 September, 2018
- Analysis of ‘quantified-self technologies’: an explanation of failure
20th Congress of the International Ergonomics Association (IEA), Florence, Italy, 26-30 August, 2018
- What about long term tracking being useful: taking change management seriously
Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Montreal, Canada, 21-26 April, 2018
- Simulation Sessions as Engines of Improved Hospital Care Quality
6th International Workshop on Infrastructures for Healthcare: Infrastructures for governance, quality improvement and service efficiency, Aarhus, Denmark, 22-23 June, 2017
- Promoting Sustainable Print Behavior: A case study
International conference on human-computer interaction - CHI 2013, Paris, France, 27 april - 2 may, 2013.
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility with the Help of Work Organizations: Preliminary Requirements and Future Work
IHCI 2014, New Delhi, India, December 07 - 09 2014.
- Understanding Commuting to Accompany Work Organisations and Employees Behaviour Change
IEEE Second International Smart Cities Conference, Trento, Italy, 12-15 September, 2016. Full paper available at http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7580778
- From Eco-Feedback to an Organizational Probe, Highlighting Paper Affordances in Administrative Work
COOP, Trento, Italy, May 23-27, 2016.
- Sustainable Commuting @Work
USCIAMO: Urban Sustainable, CollaboratIve and Adaptive Mobility, Nice, France, 27-30 May, 2014. Appears in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Ambient Systems.
- Leveraging Organizations for Sustainable Commuting: A Field Study
CHI 2014, Toronto, Canada, April 26 - May 1, 2014.
- A System to Support Legal Case Building and Reasoning
Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management, IC3K 2011 Conference Revised Selected Papers, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS Series), Springer, Vol. 348, pp. 217-231, 2013. A. Fred, J. Dietz, K. Liu, and J. Filipe (Eds.)
- Form Digitization in BPO: From Outsourcing to Crowdsourcing?
16th International ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; Paris, France, 27 April - 2 May, 2013.
- Game Mechanisms for Production Environments
CHI 2013 Workshop on Designing Gamification: Creating Gameful and Playful Experiences, Paris, France, 27 April - 2 May.
- Promoting Sustainable Print Behaviour
Human Computer Interaction - HCI 2012 - Birmingham, UK, September 12-14, 2012.
- Collective intelligence in Organizations: Tools and Studies Introduction
Published in Journal Computer Supported Cooperative Work.
- The Personal Assessment Tool : an Experiment
6th International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software (iEMSs), Leipzig, Germany, 1 - 5 July 2012.
- IS BPO Work Crowdsourceable?
4th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction, Pune, India, 18-21st April 2012.
- Agentville: Supporting Situational Awareness and Motivation in Call Centres
10th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems, Marseille, France, May 29- June 1, 2012.
- A Semantic System to Support Legal Case Construction
International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Development (KEOD), Paris, France, October, 26-29, 2011.
- When a Little Knowledge isn’t a Dangerous Thing
CHI 2011 - Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Vancouver BC, Canada, 7-12 May 2011
- The Personal Assessment Tool: a System Providing Environmental Feedback to Users of Shared Printers
ICMLA 2010 -The Ninth International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications-, Washington DC, USA, 12-14 December 2010
- A Semantics-based Approach to Guide Formulation of Questions for Documentary Recontruction Activities
Accepted and presented at the SEMAPRO (The Fourth International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing),October 25 - 30, 2010 - Florence , Italy . Copies of the paper can be sent on request.
- A Reformulation of the Semantic Gap Problem in Content-based Image Retrieval Scenarios
COOP 2010 (9th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems), Aix en Provence, France, 19-21 May, 2010
- Query Suggestion for On-Device Troubleshooting
INTERACT 2009, 12th IFIP TC13 Conference in Human-Computer Interaction, Uppsala, Sweden, August 24-28, 2009
- Creation and Maintenance of Query Expansion Rules
ICEIS 2009, 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Milan, Italy, 6-10 May, 2009. <BR>Please note the attached pdf is a pre-publication version that may be used for research, non-commercial purposes only. <BR>This paper received the best paper award in the area of human-computer interaction at the ICEIS conference 2009
- Toward an Expanded Model of Litigation
Second International Workshop on Supporting Search and Sensemaking for Electronically Stored Information in Discovery, University College London, UK, June 25, 2008.
- Designing Technology as an Embedded Resource for Troubleshooting
Published in the following paginated issue of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW): Volume 18, Issue 2 (2009), Page 199.<BR> The article is also available electronically on SpringerLink
- Big Business, Sustainable Technology and Empowering the Customer
CHI 2008, Workshop on "HCI for Community and International Development", Florence, Italy, April 5-6, 2008.
- Informing Troubleshooting Search Sessions with Device Data
ECSCW, The 10th European Conference on Computer Supported Co-operative Work, Workshop on "CSCW, Technology and Diagnostic Work" , Limerick, Ireland, September 24-28, 2007.
- Diagnosing Machine Problems on the Phone: Technological Inspirations from an Ethnography of User-expert Interaction
Workshop "Ethnographies of diagnostic work" at Lancaster, UK, 17-18 April.
- Query Reformulation and Refinement Using NLP-Based Sentence Clustering
The 29th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), 2-5 April 2007, Rome, Italy.
- RFID: Enhancing Paper Documents with Electronic Properties
CSCW, Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Workshop Collaborating Over Paper and Digital Documents, Banff, Alberta, Canada, November 4-8, 2006.
- The Practical Indispensability of Articulation Work to Immediate and Remote Help-giving
CSCW Banff, Alberta, Canada, November 4-8, 2006.
- Representations can be Good Enough
9th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Paris - France - 18-22 September 2005.
- Total Cost of Ownership: Issues Around Reducing Cost of Support in a Manufacturing Organization Case
IEEE International Workshop on Business Transformation: Towards a theory of business agility, Munich, Germany, July 19, 2005.
- Using Real-life Troubleshooting Interactions to Inform Self-assistance Design
Proceedings of INTERACT, Rome, Italy, 12-16 September 2005.
- Supporting Communities by Providing Multiple Views
To appear in the 2nd International Conference on Communities and Technologies, 13-16 June 2005 in Milan, Italy.
- Users Solving Technical Troubles With a Remote Expert
Ubicomp Conference, Giving Help at a Distance workshop, Nottingham, U.K. , September 2004
- Supporting Remote Problem-Solving with Ubiquitous Computing: Research Policies & Objectives
Ubicomp Conference, Giving Help at a Distance workshop, Nottingham, U.K. , September 2004
- Broadcasting People Availability on Large Screens
CHI 2004, Vienna, Austria, April 24-29, 2004.
- Supporting Communities of Practice with Large Screen Displays
To appear in Public and situated Displays: Social and Interactional aspects of shared technologies
- Augmenting Offices with Ubiquitous sensing
SOC Conference, Grenoble, France, May 15-17, 2003.
- Who Can Claim Complete Abstinence from Peeking at Print Jobs ?
Proc. of CSCW 2002, New Orleans, USA, November 16, 2002.
- Collaborative Re-ranking of Search Results
Proc. AAAI-2000 Workshop on AI for Web Search, July 30, 2000, Austin, TX
- Extending the Services and the Accessibility of Community Networks
"Digital Cities: Experiences, Technologies and Future Perspectives", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 2000
- A Bench for All Moods
Proceedings of CHI 2000 - The Future is Here, April 1-6, 2000, The Hague, The Netherlands, Posters and Short Talks
- Augmenting Recommender Systems by Embedding Interfaces into Office Practices
Proceedings of HICSS-33, 4-7 January, 2000, Island of Maui, Ha., U.S.A.
- Augmenting Recommender Systems by Embedding Interfaces into Practices
Proceedings of GROUP'99, 14-17 November, Phoenix, Arizona, US
- Paper User-Interfaces for Local Community Support
Bullinger, H.-J., Ziegler, J. (eds.): Proc. 8th Int'l Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI'99), Munich, Germany, August 22-27, 1999
- Supporting Collaborative Information Activities in Networked Communities
Bullinger, H.-J., Ziegler, J. (eds.): Proc. 8th Int'l Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI'99), Munich, Germany, August 22-27, 1999.
- Exploring Gardens of Information, Culture and Language
Workshop on Arcadian Virtuality, i3 Spring Days, Sitges, Spain, March 1999.
- Campiello – New User Interface Approaches for Community Networks
Workshop Designing Across Borders: The Community Design of Community Networks at CSCW'98 (Seattle, WA)
- Memories and Local Communities: An Experience in Venice
Designing Collective Memories, 7th Le Travail Humain Workshop, September 14, 1998, Paris, France
- The Coordination technology Area at XRCE Grenoble. The Research in Support of Distributed Cooperative Work
ACM SIGGROUP Bulletin, April 1998
- Collaborative Information Gathering
Proc. of the Int'l. Conf. EuroMedia/WEBTEC, January 5-7, 1998, Leicester, U.K.
- Distributed Coordination and Workflow on the World Wide Web
Computer Supported Cooperative Work: The Journal of Collaborative Computing, 6(1), pp. 1-26, 1997.
- Design and Deployment of Community Systems: Reflections on the Campiello Experience
Elsevier, Interacting with Computers Journal, Volume 14, Issue 4, May 2002.
- Mixing Manual and Computer Supported Initiative for Scheduling and Negotiation across Distributed Organizations
In Proc. of ECEC 2002, Modena, Italy. 15 April 2002.
- Diffusing Information in Organizational Settings : Learning from Experience
Proc. of CHI 2002 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 20-25,2002
- Mining Community Knowledge from the Print Stream
Workshop on Community Knowledge, ECSCW 2001, Bonn, Germany, 16-20 September, 2001.
- Providing Context Awareness Via a Large Screen Display
Proceedings of the CHI 2000 Workshop on "The What, Who, Where, When, Why and How of Context-Awareness"