- 1st in Autonomous Vehicles, 2nd in Local Features and 4th in Handheld Devices: Visual Localization challenge (CVPR 2020)
- 1st in all tracks of Document-level Generation and Translation Task at WNGT 2019
- 2nd in HANDS Challenge Task 3 ‘RGB-Based Hand Pose Estimation During Object Manipulation’ ICCV 2019 (Team: Gregory Rogez, Romain Bregier and @WeinzaepfelP)
- 2nd in IPIN 2019 indoor localization and navigation challenge, on smartphone-based positioning (offsite).
- NAVER LABS Europe ranks first in international benchmark in visual localization.
- NAVER LABS Europe came first in the leading international machine translation challenge called WMT. Read more about the NAVER LABS model which combines corpus filtering, domain adaptation and robustness techniques.
- 4 Outstanding Reviewer Awards for NAACL, EMNLP, CVPR & NeurIPS
- 4th in Google Landmarks Challenge (Computer Vision)
- Ph.D. student, Theo Trouillon 2nd prize for Best Ph. D. Thesis in Artificial Intelligence from French Association for Artificial Intelligence (AFIA)
- Agnes Sandor, appointed Honorary Associate at the University of Technology, Sydney
- Visual Domain Adaptation (VisDA2017) Classification Challenge, 2nd.
- 1st in MediaEval 2017 Retrieving Diverse Social Images Task challenge
- A very close 2nd in Financial Entity Identification and Information Integration Challenge (FEIII) in Data Science
- Best Full Paper at the 7th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (LAK'17) in collaboration with UTC Sydney for the paper 'Reflective Writing Analytics for Actionable Feedback', Gibson, A., Aitken, A., Sándor, Á., Buckingham Shum, S., Tsingos-Lucas, Ch. and Knight, S.
- Unsupervised Domain Adaptation with Regularized Domain Instance Denoising", Gabriela Csurka, Boris Chidlovskii, Stephane Clinchant and Sofia Michel received one of the two best paper awards at the ECCV TASK-CV workshop (machine learning, computer vision).
- ECCV 2016 Best reviewer award, Diane Larlus.
- Partnership Award: Cerema rewards Xerox for its Xerox Vehicle Passenger Detection system (VPDS) (computer vision, transportation).
- SemEval, Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis evaluation challenge - XRCE 1st on Polarity Detection (natural language processing).
- Monica Beltrametti, Xerox Chief Services Research Officer, VP and Director of Xerox Research Centre Europe nominated by Industrie and Technologies magazine as one of the 50 people in France who make innovation happen.
- Best paper award at ICSOFT-PT 2015 on 'Semantic Version Management based on Formal Certification' by Jean-Yves Vion-Dury and Nikolaos Lagos (data governance, information system modeling).
- Air Liquide European Suppliers Challenge. Xerox was recognised for its innovative service technology Print Awareness Tool (ethnography, data analytics).
- Environmental LEADER award for Xerox Print Awareness Tool and Dynamic Pricing for Parking in Merge® (ethnography, data analytics, machine learning, data analytics, transportation).
- ITS Awards Finalists, Best New Innovative Product, Service or Application: Xerox Vehicle Passenger Detection System (computer vision, transportation).
- International Road Federation named Xerox’s Merge dynamic parking pricing as a winner of the 2014 Global Road Achievement Awards (machine learning, mechanism design, data analytics, transportation).
- Fortune, 2014 Big Data all-stars.
- ImageClef Domain Adaptation Challenge: 1st in international benchmarking challenge (machine learning, computer vision).
- International Parking Institute, Award for Excellence for LA Express Park: Xerox Innovation Group, Pricing Engine Developer (machine learning and optimization).
- International Transportation Forum, Promising Transport Innovation Award for Xerox dynamic pricing (machine learning and optimization).
- SemEval, Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis evaluation challenge (natural language processing).
- Best Demo award Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference or XIP Dashboard Visual Analytics of Academic Writing (natural language processing).
- ECCV 2014 Outstanding Reviewer Award, Florent Perronnin.
- International Fine-grained image classification challenge FGComp with INRIA (computer vision)
- MIT 50 most disruptive companies - LA parking (machine learning, mechanism design, data analytics, transportation)
- Best paper award at ACM ICTIR'13 'A Theoretical Analysis of Pseudo Relevance Feedback Model' by Stéphane Clinchant and Eric Gaussier
- 2012 European META award for XFST (natural language processing)
- Premier Innovation award for FactSpotter detecting Hospital Acquired Infections (natural language processing)
- Imagenet benchmarking challenge in image classification - ILSVRC11 (computer vision)
- Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award for software - Next Generation Help Desk (ethnography, user experience)
- Winner of TSIA (Technology Services Industry Association) for Maintenance Assistance on the device. (ethnography, natural language processing)
- CategoriX 1st in LegalTREC benchmark (natural language processing, text categorization)
- Hybrid categorizer 1st in image annotation, wikipedia image retrieval & medical image retrieval (computer vision, natural language processing)
- Nomination for best paper award at SIGIR'10 for Information Based Model for ad hoc information retrieval, by Stéphane Clinchant and Eric Gaussier (natural language processing)
- 1st in ImageCLEF Photoretrieval task for the third consecutive year (computer vision, natural language processing)
- 1st in TREC filtering and routing track for CategoriX (natural language processing)
AWARDS AND COMPETITIONS
Scientific excellence and impact.
Our work is consistently recognized by the community.