This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am a Senior Research Scientist and the Head of the Computer Vision team. My research interests include computer vision and machine learning/deep learning, with a special focus on understanding people from visual data and the application of such technology to mobile apps and robotics. This include human detection and tracking, 2D/3D human pose estimation, 3D shape reconstruction, object manipulation and activity recognition in images and videos. In the past, I have worked on several other computer vision problems including egocentric computer vision, RGB-D vision, video-surveillance, biometrics and OCR.
Please check my Google Scholar , DBLP or ResearchGate profile.
I graduated from the École Nationale Supérieure de Physique de Marseille (now Centrale Marseille) in 2002 and received the M.Sc. degree in biomedical engineering and the Ph.D. degree in computer vision from the University of Zaragoza, Spain, in 2005 and 2012 respectively. I was a regular visiting student (2007-2008) and research fellow (2009-2010) in the Computer Vision group of Oxford Brookes University. My work on monocular human body pose analysis received the best Ph.D. thesis award from the Spanish Association on Pattern Recognition (AERFAI) for the period 2011-2013. I was then awarded a Marie Curie Fellowship to visit the University of California, Irvine between 2013 and 2015. After that, I was a Research Scientist with the LEAR/THOTH team at Inria Grenoble Rhône-Alpes (2015-2018) and joined Naver Labs Europe in 2019.
- 1 paper at 3DV 2021 on 3D human mesh estimation in images and videos.
- 1 paper (oral) at CVPR 2021 on continual adaptation of visual representation. Congrats Riccardo! See related Blog.
- 1 paper at ICRA 2021 on grasping with a multi-finger robotic hand. Joint work with our collaborators from Aalto and IRI.
- 1 paper at ICLR 2021 on network pruning at initialization with our collaborator from the University of Oxford.
- I am co-editor of the IJCV Special Issue on Human Pose, Motion, Activities and Shape in 3D
- 1 IJCV paper on understanding human action out-of-context and the Mimetics dataset. See Blog.
- 1 paper at 3DV 2020 on human 3D pose estimation in the wild.
- 2 papers on hand pose estimation and full-body 3D human pose estimation (DOPE) accepted at ECCV 2020
- 1 paper (oral) accepted at CVPR 2020 on human grasp prediction. Congrats Enric! See Blog.
- Our paper on 3D Human Shape Estimation accepted at ICCV 2019
- I am organising the 2nd Workshop on HUman pose, Motion, Activities aNd Shape in 3D (3D HUMANS 2019) in conjunction with CVPR 2019
- LCR-Net++, our work on Multi-person 2D and 3D Human Pose Estimation has been accepted to appear in TPAMI
- 2018: 2 papers published in IJCV on hand pose and data synthesis
- Real-time Human 3D pose estimation demos at CVPR 2018 and ECCV 2018.
- I was a session chair at CVPR 2018
- I organized the 1st Workshop on HUman pose, Motion, Activities aNd Shape in 3D (3D HUMANS 2018) in conjunction with CVPR 2018
- I received a CVPR 2017 outstanding reviewer award
- We have released the code for our CVPR 2017 LCR-Net paper
- Gyeongsik Moon (2021) from SNU
- Francesc Moreno-Noguer (2019-) from IRI-UPC
- Jean-Sébastien Franco (2017-) from Inria Morpheo
- Philip H. S. Torr (2007-2010, 2019-) from University of Oxford
- Cordelia Schmid (2015-2019) from Inria
- Deva Ramanan (2013-2015) from CMU
- J.M.M. Montiel (2013-2014) from UZ