This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Group Lead of the Natural Language Processing group. We teach computers to understand and generate natural language.
My own background is in theoretical computer science & algorithmics, with applications to genetic and natural language sequences. In addition to my research interest in statistical and combinatorial methods for analysing text, I like applying them to explore data-sets and see what they tell us about the world.
I joined the centre (at what was at the time Xerox Research) in 2011. My PhD is from the INRIA centre in Rennes, France, and before that I was at FaMAF, (National University of Córdoba, Argentina). I grew up in Germany and spent some years in Brazil. You can find my academic genealogy on the Mathematics Genealogy Project
Publications: Google Scholar
- July'20 Area chair for Machine Learning track at EACL 2021
- Jan' 20 Visiting and talking at U of Copenhagen and ITU
- Dec' 19 I am co-chair of the Machine Learning track at COLING 2020
- Oct '19 Spending a week in UK, visiting and talking at FAIR, UCL and Edinburgh
- Aug'19 Two papers accepted at EMNLP, on predicting performance drop in domain shifts and understanding the efficiency of BPE + two others in workshops (NewSum and TextGraphs)
- Jan'19 My TEDx (Córdoba) talk around the "real dangers of AI" was uploaded
- Dec'18 We are organizing a workshop at ACL: Deep Learning and Formal Languages: Building Bridges
- Oct'18 Best Reviewer Award from EMNLP 2018