This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
- Member of the steering committee of ICGI (Grammatical Inference)
- Past activities:
Matthias currently leads the 7 teams composing the research lab of NLE.
Before that, he led the NLP team for many years and continues to actively contribute to research in that area.
He joined the centre (at what was at the time Xerox Research) in 2011. His PhD is from the INRIA centre in Rennes, France, and before that he obtained his master from FaMAF, (National University of Córdoba, Argentina). Matthias grew up in Germany and spent some years in Brazil. His academic genealogy can be traced back at Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Oct'20 Top-10% reviewer at NeurIPS 2020
- Oct'20 Our work around developing a multi-modal biomedical translation model will be presented at the NLP-COVID19 workshop of EMNLP'20
- Sept'20 "Monolingual Adapters for Zero-Shot Neural Machine Translation" was accepted as (short) paper at EMNLP'20.
- July'20 Area chair for Machine Learning track at EACL 2021
- March'20 We are organizing a winter school in NLP
- Jan' 20 Visiting and talking at Univ. of Copenhagen and ITU
- Dec' 19 I am co-chair of the Machine Learning track at COLING 2020
- Dec'19 Top Reviewer at NeurIPS 2019
- Oct '19 Spending a week in UK, visiting and talking at FAIR, UCL and Edinburgh
- Aug'19 Two papers accepted at EMNLP, on predicting performance drop in domain shifts and understanding the efficiency of BPE + two others in workshops (NewSum and TextGraphs)
- Jan'19 My TEDx (Córdoba) talk around the "real dangers of AI" was uploaded
- Dec'18 We are organizing a workshop at ACL: Deep Learning and Formal Languages: Building Bridges
- Oct'18 Best Reviewer Award from EMNLP 2018